DStep

Craig Dillabaugh craig.dillabaugh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 05:58:09 PST 2013

On Sunday, 24 November 2013 at 13:05:04 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-11-24 06:37, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
>
>> Thanks.  That is how I started out trying to fix it (Well, I
>> used
>> symlinks rather than copy the files, but basically the same).
>> I got it
>> to stop complaining about stddef.h and stdarg.h, but at the
>> third header
>> (can't recall something obscure though) I gave up because I
>> figured I
>> was going to be adding symlinks to half the headers on my
>> system! Thats
>> when I decided to try compiling from scratch.
>
> You need some kind of hearers, either system headers or headers
> from Clang. stddef.h and stdarg.h are somewhat special headers,
> they're builtin includes and you need to get them from Clang.

I have clang installed on my machine.  Is there anyway to point
dstep to the right headers when I invoke it?

>> Is this issue supposed to be fixed with new versions of clang?
>
> I don't know, I don't think so.
>
>> No I hadn't tried that.  I will give it a shot.
>
> You will need Tango as well. All this is in the readme. Please
> let me know if there's something that is not clear in the
> readme.

I already got Tango working - that was clear from your docs.  At
first I resisted, figuring I was sure to have problems getting
Tango to work (Murphy's Law seems to apply strongly for me), but
Tango turned out to be a piece of cake.  I will give compiling
DStep another shot in the next day or two and report back!