Starting D with a project in mind.

Andrew andrew at nowhere.com
Tue Oct 15 07:38:30 PDT 2013

> What is your GDC version? Looks like one with pre-2.063
> front-end as it does not support `alias X = ...` syntax. vibe.d
> developers do try to support latest two released front-end
> versions but it is not as easy as it sounds (I hope situation
> will improve a lot once CI is finally up and running for vibe,d)

I think it's the latest version of GDC :-

https://github.com/jpf91/GDC/tree/arm

which apparently supports 2.062. In the D community, is there not
the concept of stable releases that all tools and libraries
support or is it a free for all i.e. nothing works together ? Can
I get an earlier version of vibe.d that is compatible with GDC ?

I notice that dub must be using a different version of phobos
also :-

andrew at islay:~/dub/source$ gdmd app.d
dub/packagemanager.d:21: Error: module sha is in file
'std/digest/sha.d' which cannot be read

Is this something I can update easily ?