Starting D with a project in mind.

Stefan Frijters sfrijters at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 01:52:24 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 16 October 2013 at 07:52:44 UTC, Andrew wrote:

>> andrew at islay:~/dub$ ./build.sh
>> Generating version file...
>> Running gdmd...
>> /usr/local/gdc/include/d/4.8.2/armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf/core/time.di:224:
>> error: this cannot be interpreted at compile time, because it
>> has no available source code
>> /usr/local/gdc/include/d/4.8.2/std/net/curl.d:195: note:
>> called from here: dur(2L)
>>
>> line 224 is trying to instantiate a Duration object. Any ideas
>> ?
>
> Giving up on dub, I tried niaively to build one of the vibe.d
> samples directly :-
>
> andrew at islay:~/vibe.d/examples/http_server/source$ gdmd
> -I~/vibe.d/source app.d
> /data/home/andrew/vibe.d/source/vibe/stream/ssl.d:43: error:
> module bio is in file 'deimos/openssl/bio.d' which cannot be
> read
>
> Looks like I'm missing some openssl dependencies, where do
> these come from as they don't appear to be part of phobos ?
>

> Thanks

As far as I know deimos is a set of official (?) bindings for
common C libraries. I don't know dub's build process but I assume
that if the build script would have worked for you it would have
attempted to clone this repo
https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/openssl (you can find
more bindings if you go up one level). My gdc build hadn't
finished yet when I had to leave for work this morning, but I'll
try to build dub tonight, to see if I run into the same
problems...