D / GtkD for SQL Server

John Joyus john.joyus at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 01:13:37 PDT 2013

I am learning D and itching to create some small tools (basically
Windows executables) for our internal use, but any tool I think of
creating also needs some support for SQL Server! So my question is:

1). Does D has any support for MSSQL?

I need the ability to connect to a SQL Server and run a SQL script (the
script I construct based on user inputs) and capture its return value,
just a number. (No need to insert or update any records).

Oh, btw, another question, unrelated to the above:

2). If I build with GtkD, it generates about 3.5 MB executable. Does
this contain everything or do I still have to distribute anything with
it to make it work on new Windows machines?

Thanks in advance.