D / GtkD for SQL Server

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Oct 20 02:37:48 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-20 10:13, John Joyus wrote:
> I am learning D and itching to create some small tools (basically
> Windows executables) for our internal use, but any tool I think of
> creating also needs some support for SQL Server! So my question is:
>
> 1). Does D has any support for MSSQL?
>
> I need the ability to connect to a SQL Server and run a SQL script (the
> script I construct based on user inputs) and capture its return value,
> just a number. (No need to insert or update any records).

I would say your best bet is to create bindings to FreeTDS. It's an open
source library that can connect to SQL Server.

I actually tried to do that once, but I never managed to connect to the
server/database, for some reason. I C version worked fine but not when I
ported it do D.

This is the D version:

http://pastebin.com/7tGyytDh

This is the tds file:

http://pastebin.com/JCA8XQH0

This is the C version:

http://pastebin.com/FWJM4B6X

You just need to fill in the constants at the top. Please let me know if
you get the D version working.

--
/Jacob Carlborg