D on Windows - linker question

Erik van Velzen erik at evanv.nl
Sun Oct 20 14:47:52 PDT 2013

My goal was to learn D and Direct3D at the same time.

I've tried to set up DMD to do this, but I keep running into
issues that the available DirectX11 and win32 headers are
incomplete, or won't compile (tried both dmd 2.063 and 2.064,
they halt on different type errors), or won't link.

To be fair, these are only a few errors, but when the linker
spews out some obfuscated function name I really don't know what
to do.

Will I have more luck with GDC? Or should I try to make headers
on my own incrementally? (or take the easy route and use C++?)