Bug in RefCounted?

Rene Zwanenburg renezwanenburg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 03:07:13 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 27 October 2013 at 23:33:55 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 10/27/2013 03:04 PM, monarch_dodra wrote:
>
> > it *could* be an (older) emplace bug. Do you reproduce with
> head?
>
> I had tested it with head. No, doesn't happen on head.

Thanks for testing that. I'm not set up to build dmd or phobos
myself.

> > Also, keep in mind that DMD *is* allowed to destroy the same
> > object several times.
>
> That's news to me. I know that objects may never be destroyed
> but why multiple times? How many lives do they have? ;)

Yeah, I'd like to know this as well. I do remember structs
allocated on the heap don't have their destructors called at all
due to the GC not being precise, I think.

But one object allowed to be destructed multiple times? That
sounds really bad.. If that's true a lot of my code is probably
incorrect.