Bug in RefCounted?

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 09:53:09 PDT 2013

On Monday, 28 October 2013 at 10:07:15 UTC, Rene Zwanenburg wrote:
> Yeah, I'd like to know this as well. I do remember structs
> allocated on the heap don't have their destructors called at
> all due to the GC not being precise, I think.
>
> But one object allowed to be destructed multiple times? That
> sounds really bad.. If that's true a lot of my code is probably
> incorrect.

Hum... I seem to remember having replied earlier, but I guess I
forgot to hit send.

In any case, I could be mistaken, but I simply know that under
certain circumstances, it can happen. I don't know if that's a
bug though. I'll try to find the cases where it happens.

Furthermore, you must *always* make sure that the T.init state is
destroyable (which is not the case here).