directx bindings problem

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Wed Oct 30 10:06:18 PDT 2013

Am 30.10.2013 17:53, schrieb evilrat:
> On Wednesday, 30 October 2013 at 15:18:57 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
>>
>> Well we all make problems. Give me a note when you are done with
>> complete directx bindings as I'm also interrested in having minimal up
>> to date directx bindings.
>>
>> Also its always apperciated to thank you a person which invested
>> multiple hours to track down _your_ problem.
>
> yes, thanks again. i just really do prefer to solve my problems without
> bothering people around.
>

> what exactly parts of DirectX you are interested in? my plans was to
> provide bindings for d3d11, xaudio2, x3daudio, xinput), d3d11 shader
> compiler and stuff, and maybe d3d10.
> (though i'm not sure about this, d3d11 is newer and cleaner and can
> utilize d3d 9-to-11 gpu's).
>
> and at last directxmath.h, but i don't know if it's possible to hack
> just one layer of C++ namespace with current extern(C++). but if its not
> possible i wish to avoid asm sections with SIMD(or maybe i can use
> phobos SIMD instrinsics, never tried it before) to provide same API as
> DirectXMath.

I'm mostly interrested in directx 11 and d3d11 shader compiler bindings.
I don't really need any other part of the directx api (maybe xaudio2 in
the future, currently I'm using OpenAL for sound)

I already have my own math classes implemented in D so I don't really
need DirectXMath. Also D compilers will not be able to inline stuff that
comes in from C++. D's SIMD intrinsics (core.simd) are unusable at the
momemnt, so I would avoid them. The simd intrinsics of LDC and GDC work
however (__builtin_x stuff).

--
Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut