What's about virtual?

Namespace rswhite4 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 10 03:44:43 PDT 2013

> On Tuesday, 10 September 2013 at 09:32:58 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
> wrote:
> AFAIK, no official decision has ever been made. It seemed like
> Walter was
> convinced that it was worth it to make non-virtual the default,
> and some
> discussion went into how to do the transition, but I don't
> believe that Andrei
> has ever liked the idea, and Walter never said that it was
> definitively
> happening, much as he seemed to have been convinced that it
> should happen. And
> no one has implemented a pull request for it, so nothing has
> happened. So
> AFAIK, it could go either way at this point. We should probably
> create a DIP
> for it and discuss it. I've been meaning to do that but have
> been quite busy
> lately and haven't gotten around to it.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Anyway, the introducing of the virtual keyword could be useful,
even without the change. With that, we could interrupt final
labes.

I use mostly:
----
final:
// final methods
----
but it would be nice if I don't have to put all virtual methods
above the label. With virtual I could do it this way:
----
final:
// final methods
virtual: