Odd compiler complaints with import declarations

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 13:30:24 PDT 2013

On Friday, 13 September 2013 at 20:21:31 UTC, Orfeo wrote:
> OK, but I could not use the module declaration, in this case
> the module has the same file name...or not?

Yeah, it will have the file name, but not the directory name.

That's why it called it "module gadget" instead of "module
acme.gadget" and that created the error.

The rule I use is if you ever import a module, always put the
module declaration in the file. Otherwise you'll have problems if
the name changes or it moves into a new folder.