public alias to private template implementation

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Tue Sep 17 02:49:56 PDT 2013

On 17/09/13 11:30, monarch_dodra wrote:
> Thanks. I'm not very fluent with opDispatch though. Doesn't that only work if
> you have an struct/class instance though? My "fun" is a free frunction.

Ack.  Sorry, I overlooked that. :-(

Still, I think this provides greater impulse for Issue 10996 to be fixed, since
your issue clearly stems from the same access implementation issues.  If you
make a public alias, you'd expect public members of whatever you're aliasing to
be public through that alias.

I guess it might be desirable to require some clear indication "Yes, I really,
really know what I'm doing and I do want this alias to be public" -- e.g.
compelling you to use the public keyword explicitly.