License of RosettaCode examples (for bearophile:-)

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Tue Sep 17 04:04:08 PDT 2013

This message is especially for bearophile, but applies to anyone posting
examples on RosettaCode :-)

Can I ask you to clarify your licensing intentions for these examples?  By
default all on RosettaCode is GNU Free Documentation License, which does not
really play in a friendly way with ... just about any actual software license.

I imagine that all these examples were posted with the intention that they be
used by others, but the default RosettaCode situation makes that impossible
without direct permission.  So ... I'm asking. :-)

Thanks & best wishes,

     -- Joe