License of RosettaCode examples (for bearophile:-)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Sep 17 06:18:26 PDT 2013

Joseph Rushton Wakeling:

> I have a specific interest in your circular queue
> implementation:
> http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Queue/Usage#Faster_Version

If you restrict your desires to just one D program, instead of
the about one thousand of Rosettacode the situation becomes
_much_ simpler :-)

I wrote that D code myself because Phobos still lacks a queue,
but the original idea of growable circular queues is decades old.
For Phobos I suggest a different and more complex implementation
(dynamic array of pointers to freelist-linked fixed sized chunks).

> However, more recently I rather stupidly copied my adapted
> version into a public project of mine, and I suddenly realized
> the licensing situation.
>
> In the worst case scenario, I'll strip it out of the code, but
> I was hoping that you might be willing to license this specific
> code under Boost or something else GPL-compatible.

I have put that code only on Rosettacode, and in an archive in my
site. I am willing to release it to public domain if you want :-)
But what do you want me exactly to do? :-)

Bye,
bearophile