License of RosettaCode examples (for bearophile:-)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Sep 17 07:27:34 PDT 2013

Joseph Rushton Wakeling:

> Well, I guess the best thing would be just to write here, "I
> license the code under the terms of the Boost license" or
> something similar (public domain is in some ways less good
> because not every jurisdiction recognizes it, but as far as I'm
> concerned it's fine too).  I'm just looking for something that
> I can reference to say the code is used under these terms.

I license the D program "Queue/Usage" (Faster Version) of the
RosettaCode site under the terms of the Boost license. It
implements in D2 a simple Circlular Queue able to grow
geometrically. The code is visible in this page:

http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Queue/Usage#Faster_Version

> If you could add such a notice to the copy on your own site and
> on RosettaCode it would be even better

Nearly all Rosettacode site entries (and all D entries) lack a
license notice. It's just bad noise added.
For questions ask to Mike in the #rosettacode IRC channel.

Bye,
bearophile