Auto-testing of GitHub pull requests

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 24 09:25:42 PDT 2013

On 9/24/13 4:29 AM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> On 24/09/13 13:01, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> It's custom. I would guess it either uses a git hook or it uses some API
>> provided by Github.
>
> Ahh, OK.  I was wondering if it used some standard tool to manage starting the test jobs and
> reporting back the tests -- something like Gerrit, Jenkins, etc. I don't have any personal
> experience of these so couldn't tell on the basis of the test website.
>
> Thanks for the info! :-)

https://github.com/braddr/d-tester

I'd use a standard tool (or would have, silly to switch when this one does the job) but none of them
support the combination of features used.  Primarily: github, testing on multiple platforms, testing
pulls as merges into the target branch (rather than just the pull itself), multiple repositories in
the same build.  There's probably more requirements, it's been a while since I researched the state
of the ecosystem and exactly what the gaps are.

But now that it's written, it's just fundamentally not that much code, nor is it actually difficult
code.