Auto-testing of GitHub pull requests

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Wed Sep 25 14:58:11 PDT 2013

On 24/09/13 18:25, Brad Roberts wrote:
> I'd use a standard tool (or would have, silly to switch when this one does the
> job) but none of them support the combination of features used.  Primarily:
> github, testing on multiple platforms, testing pulls as merges into the target
> branch (rather than just the pull itself), multiple repositories in the same
> build.  There's probably more requirements, it's been a while since I researched
> the state of the ecosystem and exactly what the gaps are.
>
> But now that it's written, it's just fundamentally not that much code, nor is it
> actually difficult code.

Thanks very much for pointing me to that.  I'm looking into auto-testing stuff
that would work with a project hosted on Gitorious (GitHub is unsatisfactory for
political reasons) -- I'm working on the assumption that one of the standard
testing frameworks will play nice with that (I've seen a writeup on Gerrit +
Gitorious), but assuming anything custom is required, this could be a very
useful template.