A lot of people want to use D,but they only know MS SQL Server,what will help them to Learn D?

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 09:10:48 PDT 2014

On Monday, 14 April 2014 at 15:21:33 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
> Hello,everyone:
>
> A lot of people want to use D,but they only know MS SQL
> Server,what will help them to Learn D?
>
> So lots of people want to use D,who can help them?
> They want to connect MS SQL Server in D,then they will connect
> other DataBase,
> because it's a good idea that nice thing come from the small
> and familiar things always.
> Sql driver or ODBC driver, for win7 in D,
> who can help them?
>
> Thank you,everyone.

First thing a D programmer MUST do is

1) To port FreeTDS to D, or write a binding/wrapper for it
(should not be too difficult).

or

2) Use ODBC directly, or maybe also write some wrapper around it.

or

3) Implement D connector to MS SQL server directly (I would
advise against that, such project would probably be 10x bigger
than the DMD project itself)

My advice - use ODBC, it is the fastest way you may connect to
the SQL server, and you already have everything you need for
that. :)

Regards