import with renaming and public import inside module

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 29 04:23:55 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 at 11:10:06 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> Works for me with Ubuntu's gdc 4.8.2-1ubuntu6.
ah, don't you believe that i *really tested* it before posting,
with latest GDC from git (which i builds routinely on dayly
basis)?

> Personally, I think the current behaviour is fine. Renamed
> imports are supposed to guard you against name clashes. If
> public imports wouldn't get renamed, too, that guard would be
> circumvented.
to guard me from name clashes explicitly from the module i
imported, not from the others. perhaps there should be some way
to either rename all imports including public from module, or
only the module itself, leaving it's public imports intact. if
i'll invent nice syntax for it, i'll fill enhancement request
with a patch.