import with renaming and public import inside module

anonymous via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 29 04:47:07 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 at 11:23:56 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> ah, don't you believe that i *really tested* it before posting,
> with latest GDC from git (which i builds routinely on dayly
> basis)?

You may have made mistakes when testing, or maybe I have. That's
why I provided my testcase. Does it work in your setup? If not,
you may want to file a bug with GDC, as it's supposed to work, as
far as I can see.

> to guard me from name clashes explicitly from the module i
> imported, not from the others.

The other, current behaviour is more defensive. And it's what I'd
expect, so I'm fine with it.

> perhaps there should be some way to either rename all imports
> including public from module, or only the module itself,
> leaving it's public imports intact. if i'll invent nice syntax
> for it, i'll fill enhancement request with a patch.

I don't have a need for that feature. And I don't think there is
ample demand. I don't see how `zmod.symbol` or two imports are
bad enough to warrant it. But I don't have any kind of authority
here, so go for it, if you think it's worthwhile.