Programming a Game in D? :D

eles via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 3 05:57:41 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 3 August 2014 at 12:37:51 UTC, eles wrote:
> On Saturday, 2 August 2014 at 20:58:34 UTC, Foo wrote:
>> On Saturday, 2 August 2014 at 20:38:59 UTC, David wrote:

> on this road. It matters less for us to be able to use slices

And this while D really nailed down two things very well: strings
and templates (I dream that one day C++ will adopt D's syntax for
templates...). And scope() too, albeit recently people are
talking about its deprecation. We go back to C++'s RAII...

Plus, there are some features that never were nailed down and, as
long as they remain in fish tail, many will simply just wait for
them to be, you know, cleared in a way or another: @property, the
recent assert/assume, the allocation in Phobos, the destructors
of a class etc.

Facing all this stuff, one simply wonders sometimes how other
languages managed to stick for a solution and still get some use
in real life...

Flame or not, too much hesitation on some topics. Yes, much
concern to nail them perfectly, I agree. But sometimes is rather
paralysis by analysis...