Programming a Game in D? :D

David via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 31 12:06:40 PDT 2014

Hi,
About 2 month ago I started learning modding for minecraft with
the Forge API
I was reading through a lot of classes of minecraft and even no
it might not seem like, I learned a freking lot about how games
work and stuff and improved my programming skill a lot (Yes for
Java but also overall)
So now, I want to come back to my own game with a lot of
questions :P
So first of all, I'm not sure if D is really the best choice for
me. Since its just pretty hard for begginers like me without any
tutorials and anything to come up with a game. Then what language
should it be? It should have a big community around and be a good
language for games (fast) and it should not be called C++.
And I know you told me it would be a better idea to get going
first with easier tools like gamemaker or something like that,
but I seriously don't want to come up with something big anyway
and if i fail completly I don't mind.
And finally, (now thats going far away from the actual point and
maybe thats even the wrong forum for that) how is wrapping
working? lets say I wrote a method methodA in Java in ClassA and
wanted to use MethodA in D, how would I go about doing this?
(Well, is a wrapper actually doing what I think?).
David = still a fool.