Are there desktop appications being developed in D currently?

Puming via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 10 07:28:31 PDT 2014

Wow, it just happens that I checked your terminal.d code on the
list an hour ago :-)

Definitely gonna look at it.

What do you mean by 'boring'? I think a shell in D would be
awesome.

I'm planning to make a shell scripting lib in D, I would like it
to be very powerful, but my coding skills was holding me back.
Here is a list of what I want it to be:

1. multimode. I want it to combine shell and repl, I don't like
that in the other repl you lose the ablility to call normal shell
commands. So I think this shell could have a multiple mode just
like what vi does: you change to a different mode by a key
stroke. This will make it seemless to switch between repl mode
and shell mode and other modes.

2. repl.

3. shell mode that interacts with repl. For example, the results
of each shell command call will be stored in a repl variable for
further repl computing.

4. remote mode. A config file sets up remote machines access,
then we can call shell commands & repl commands as if on the
remote machine, and even do them concurrently. It should also
make resource/code syncing between machines easy(with rsync and
lftp style of remote file management).

5. MVC style input/output. The out put of commands can be
formated with a template (with color and indentations, even
markdown support). traditional shell outputs are a mess.

6. bookmarks of every thing. Folders\Variables\routine
commands\remote resources

7. autocomplete and auto style. write colorful code in the repl.
Vi/emacs support of inline editing is also a plus.

8. dub support. You can create a project in the shell, and import
dependencies interactly, and the dub.json will be updated as you
type.

9. interactive coding & building. Interact with editors, and with
dub and repl support, we can write code in a interactive way. You
try some code in the repl and fit it into the project, no
copy/pasting required.

All these combined will become a very complicated project, far
beyond my ability. Currently I'm only doing item 4 and 5. (item 4
was my initial requirement, we need a tool to manage shell
scripts on multiple servers). I heard that someone was writing a
repl, but forgot where it is, I'm waiting for it.