beginner's pyd question - exporting structs to python

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 18 17:53:04 PDT 2014

On Monday, 18 August 2014 at 23:12:28 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>> For me, NumPy has some serious problems despite being the
>> accepted norm for computational work.
>
> If not too offtopic, do you have a link describing, or would
> you briefly summarize these problems?  I am intrigued.  And
> what would you suggest in its place?  Fortran?

I'm not sure which computational work he is referring to, but for
statistical analysis, R dominates by a wide margin (although
statistical analysis done in Silicon Valley, the type you read
about on Hacker News, is often done using Python).

I write functions in D, compile as a shared library, and call
from R. The more statically typed code I write, the more I like
it. I'm finishing up a blog post describing my usage.