Produce some COFF object with 2.066 ?

Baz via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 20 16:56:21 PDT 2014

Hello, I've been very interested about the announce saying that
DMD is able to produce COFF object files. Mostly because I'm
thinking using some objects programmed in D in a software
programmed in another lang, a bit like when statically linking a
dll to a program but with an obj, to keep a nice monolithic
executable.

First thing: I've tried a simple thing: compile an exported
function with the args "myfile.d -c -ms32mscoff" and dmd
complains that "-ms32mscoff" is not a recognized switch.

Second thing:
If I understand well, it means that previously, to link D a
object with a soft programmed in another lang was not possible
because the OMF objs don't include everything (e.g the objs
coming from other imported static libs) and that now it's
faisable ?  right ?