Learning D

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 26 04:09:23 PDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-08-25 at 16:46 +0000, Ryan via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[…]
> What Widget library should I use?  I started with GTKD, but since
> there are no tutorials does this mean nobody actually does this?
> Should I use DWT?  What about QT?

GtkD should work for you. I would have preferred Qt for portability but
QtD doesn't work for me, I actually want to use QML, and GtkD just
worked.

I didn't bother with an IDE to start with just used Emacs and a Shell,
though I am sure VIM would do as well, Sublime Text or even Notepad
++ :-)

I created a directory with a source directory added the D source in it
and then edited a Dub specification file, ran dub and it all just
compiled to a working executable.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk