Derelict / SDL error

Jack via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 9 05:34:55 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 9 December 2014 at 10:19:38 UTC, Paul wrote:
> On Monday, 8 December 2014 at 21:01:40 UTC, Paul wrote:
>> On Monday, 8 December 2014 at 17:48:55 UTC, Jack wrote:
>>> I'm running ArchLinux 64-bit on Vbox and tested out the code.
>>> There haven't been any problems. Have you tried updating
>>> whatever tools you're using?(dmd, dub, etc....) Might've been
>>> an outdated piece of software that's been making the fuss.
>>
>> Thanks for that. I've just tried the code on a different
>> machine (latest Lubuntu on a 32 bit laptop, latest SDL, dmd
>> and current dub binary) and it has exactly the same problem.
>> Can't think what the problem might be other than something
>> wrong with the way I've compiled SDL...??
>
> The only 'warning' during compilation of SDL is about dbus not
> being used so I installed all the related *dev files I could
> find (and recompiled after each) but despite dbus now being
> flagged as 'used' it was to no avail. Thinking...

Can't really think of anything that can solve your problem. Only
time I had a seg fault is calling a method from an uninitialized
class.
You can try to get a debugger and/or a gui that comes with
it(personally I use gdb with ddd) to find something out.
Sorry but this is all the suggestions I can give to you, I'm not
really an expert in Derelict or Libraries or something.