Optimize my code =)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Feb 16 01:53:07 PST 2014

francesco cattoglio:

> Well, actually, sometimes squeezing as much performance as you
> can from a test case can be a way to find out if a given
> language checks all the boxes and can be used to solve your
> problems.

Unless you know a language well, you will fail squeezing that.
This is true even in Python.

> I must admit I'm shocked by the poor performance of D here. But
> I also know one HAS to try LDC or GDC, or those numbers are
> really meaningless.

Be instead amazed of the sometimes near-C++ performance levels
they have pushed Java to :-)
And I think D is doing well in a benchmark like this, I guess
with ldc2 you can go about as fast as C++.

Bye,
bearophile