A little of coordination for Rosettacode

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Feb 26 07:52:23 PST 2014

Stanislav Blinov:

> The whole 'shared' concept being incomplete in the language is
> a shame. Hopefully things will get better in the near future.
>
> As for slicing syntax for shared arrays, personally I think it
> should be disallowed, just like operators for shared scalars.
> But that would mean that calling front() would be illegal too,
> thus forcing the cast on the whole array when it's safe to do
> so... Oh, there is still much to discuss on this matter.

I am not seeing much discussion on such topics in the near
future. It's one of the most significant bugs of D (bigger than
the unimplemented "scope").

This is why Andrei lately is not fond of large discussions about
little enhancement requests in the main D newsgroup: there are
plenty of significant parts still unfinished.

Bye,
bearophile