GC for noobs

Szymon Gatner noemail at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 06:29:04 PST 2014

On Thursday, 27 February 2014 at 13:31:45 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Thursday, 27 February 2014 at 13:18:51 UTC, Remo wrote:
>> Then the question is why not use structs all the time?
>
> Key class feature is run-time polymorphism (via
> interfaces/inheritance). I tend to use structs for everything
> else in my personal code.

That is very similar to my thoughts atm. Explicit call to init()
/ terminate() are so C :/ It really seems that there is no escape
from value semantics and shared_ptr. Worst part is there is no
even standard shared/weak pointer provided. I must say I am
kindof disappointed by all this. I realize that it is not D's
fault but still, it is suppose to be "better C++", and while I do
see that wrt to templates / TMP, my favourite feature of C++ are
d-tors...