errors with filesystem operations

Hugo Florentino hugo at acdam.cu
Wed Jan 15 06:38:07 PST 2014

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:41:50 +0100, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> ... On Linux, hidden files are all files where
> the filename starts with a dot. To make it visible you need to rename
> the file. As far as I know, Linux doesn't have any form of system
> attribute.

I am aware of this. However, FAT32 and NTFS (through ntfs-3g) and even
ExFAT (I do not remember now the name of the project) are supported by
Linux, so there should be a way to alter file structure so as to change
attributes even if the OS does not natively provide a function for this
(why should a user working in Linux be forced to reboot in Windows not
even to run an unported application but just to change file attributes
in a filesystem the OS supports)?

Has anyone attempted it from D?