HTTPS, SSL, TLS client on D

Andrea Fontana nospam at example.com
Wed Jan 29 00:31:10 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 29 January 2014 at 07:20:52 UTC, Uranuz wrote:
> I continue to practice with web applications on D and I have
> some questions about secure protocols of data transmissions. I
> don't have any experience with SSL/TLS so I need an advice how
> to get started. Is there any ready solution how to create
> client based on secured socket (for example HTTPS client). I
> would consider some existing C library with "good" interface. I
> was looking at libcurl but it looks confusing and couldn't make
> something that works.
>
> P.S. I would be glad for any useful advice

If your goal is to write web applications in D, probably you
should use a web-framework (like vibe.d) or a (fast/s)cgi
interface over a well known server.

In our company we use D for web applications using fastcgi with
nginx and lightppd. It works fine, also with https that is
managed by nginx itself.