N-body bench

Stanislav Blinov stanislav.blinov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 08:50:45 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 29 January 2014 at 16:43:35 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Stanislav Blinov:
>
>> Hmm.. How would one use core.simd with LDC2? It doesn't seem
>> to define D_SIMD.
>> Or should I go for builtins?
>
> I don't know if this is useful for you, but here I wrote a
> basic usage example of SIMD in ldc2 (second D entry):
> http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Four_bits_adder#D
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I meant how to make it compile with ldc2? I've translated the
code, it compiles and works with dmd (although segfaults in
-release mode for some reason, probably a bug somewhere).

But with ldc2:

nbody.d(68): Error: undefined identifier __simd
nbody.d(68): Error: undefined identifier XMM

those are needed for that sqrt reciprocal call.