implib and system dlls, oh my

Jason King via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 7 22:09:50 PDT 2014

> Let me see what I can do for time.  There's the above, it's
> also possible to link mixed coff and omf with jwlink
> (http://www.japheth.de/JWlink/JWlink.htm).
> There's a couple of paths and while win32 isn't leading edge, I
> think enhancing it is a worthwhile project for lesser lights
> like myself.

I've tried the above and get a horde of errors.  Some seem to be
weak link __symbol doesn't match the library's _symbol (two
leading underbars on one side, one on the other).  Some seem to
be some utterly missing capitalized symbols like GETLONG,
GETPOINTER and STRLEN2.  The underbar mismatches I should be able
to fix with a def file or maybe there's a (j)wlink option I
missed to resolve those.
As I make progress, such as it is, I'll report.  Anybody who sees
something I've missed feel free to chime in. While I'm learning I
have no pride, I save it for pride in having learned.