linux n00b

Xiaoxi via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 13 06:38:33 PDT 2014

Hi,

at home I run, osx, windows and freebsd, all work fine with D.

However our servers at work run linux RHEL5, RHEL6.4 and our
workstations run Ubuntu... can i use feodora rpm for rhel?

  If I want to build a d program which works on all dists, can i
build that from any linux machine since dmd links statically by
default or should I chose the oldest, i.e rhel5 to build on?
because of possible glibc issues?

Its not so clear from the download page, it only mentions dist
name, not version... and rhel not at all?

Thanks