linux n00b

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 13 06:46:55 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 13 July 2014 at 13:38:34 UTC, Xiaoxi wrote:
>  If I want to build a d program which works on all dists, can i
> build that from any linux machine since dmd links statically by
> default or should I chose the oldest, i.e rhel5 to build on?
> because of possible glibc issues?

Using machine with oldest glibc among all targets should
generally work however recommended way to distribute software in
Linux world is via distro-specific packages each built on own
system. Common binary distributions are likely to work in most
cases but no one gives you any guarantees for that - each distro
is effectively a different operating system.