Different random shuffles generated when compiled with gdc than with dmd

Chris Cain via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 1 23:57:00 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 1 June 2014 at 14:22:31 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> I missed the debate at the time, but actually, I'm slightly
> more concerned over the remark in that discussion that the new
> uniform was ported from java.util.Random.  Isn't OpenJDK
> GPL-licensed ... ?

To clarify, no, the uniform was not ported from Java's Random.

The comment in question:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/1717#issuecomment-29712117

It was found after the code was made. It's more-or-less the same
approach (so, it gives credit to the mathematical soundness) but
it was discovered independently.