Different random shuffles generated when compiled with gdc than with dmd

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 2 11:46:03 PDT 2014

On 02/06/14 08:57, Chris Cain via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 June 2014 at 14:22:31 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> I missed the debate at the time, but actually, I'm slightly more concerned
>> over the remark in that discussion that the new uniform was ported from
>> java.util.Random.  Isn't OpenJDK GPL-licensed ... ?
>
> To clarify, no, the uniform was not ported from Java's Random.

I'm really sorry, Chris, I was obviously mixing things up: on rereading, the
person in the earlier forum discussion (not PR thread) who talks about porting
from Java wasn't you.  I'm very glad to be corrected on that; your PR was a nice
submission and I'm glad we have it in Phobos.