Different random shuffles generated when compiled with gdc than with dmd

Chris Cain via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 2 16:47:21 PDT 2014

On Monday, 2 June 2014 at 18:46:18 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> I'm really sorry, Chris, I was obviously mixing things up: on
> rereading, the person in the earlier forum discussion (not PR
> thread) who talks about porting from Java wasn't you.  I'm very
> glad to be corrected on that; your PR was a nice submission and
> I'm glad we have it in Phobos.

It's cool. :)

I enjoyed making the contribution and hope I can make more in the
future (but I've been pretty busy recently and I don't want to do
anything if I can't guarantee follow ups). I want to say that I
really appreciate your work on D's random generation as well. It
gets a lot more attention than most languages'. I really hate
when languages completely neglect it and have highly vulnerable
random number generation that everyone uses because they assume
it works well.