Some kind of RPC exists for D?

Bienlein via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 19 03:25:06 PDT 2014

What I want to do is some little framework that allows
Julia-style (julialang.org) distributed computation: send some
function invocation to some other machine along with the numbers
to be crunched and get the result back.

> vibe.web.rest server/client combo is effectively RPC over
> HTTP/json

This looks good. For what am I'm thinking of doing performance is
important. In that way rest makes me think a bit or is this only
a prejudice from the Java world?

> I wrote an implementation of Thrift for D a while back

This also looks interesting. Because my C/C++/D skills are
limited being a Smalltalk/Java developer (only played with C++
when studying) I have to stick to what is easier to use. It would
be a fun & leisure & learning project anyway...

Regards, Bienlein