Some kind of RPC exists for D?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 19 05:13:10 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 19 June 2014 at 10:25:08 UTC, Bienlein wrote:
>> vibe.web.rest server/client combo is effectively RPC over
>> HTTP/json
>
> This looks good. For what am I'm thinking of doing performance
> is important. In that way rest makes me think a bit or is this
> only a prejudice from the Java world?

It is not very suitable for applications where response latency
is important because HTTP itself and JSON (de)serialization
create considerable needless overhead (compared to something like
thrift).

However if you application design implies thousands of RPC calls
per second it is quite likely performance won't be good with any
RPC implementation :)