Type-Safer Modern High-Level Performant OpenGL

"Nordlöw" per.nordlow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 13:30:00 PST 2014

Does anybody have some sample code (example or project) lying
around that shows modern use of OpenGL (3 or 4) using some or all
of the following libraries:

- DerelictGL3 (Org)
- DerelictGLFW3 (Org)
- Glamour
- gl3n

I'm planning a graph visualization engine in D and I would like
to use as high level D language abstractions as possible to
implement this in OpenGL.

With modern I mean use of more high-level abstractions that more
type-safely handles efficient (vectorized) processing of 2/3/4-D
geometry (gl3n) and allocation and use of Shaders, VBO, etc
similar to what

http://kifri.fri.uniza.sk/~chochlik/oglplus/html/

does but in D of course :)

This example

https://github.com/Dav1dde/glamour/blob/master/example/example.d

is good a start, I guess, but I would like to use GLFW3 instead.

Speaking of GLFW3 I also wonder why there are two wrappers for
GLFW3:

- https://github.com/Dav1dde/glwtf
- https://github.com/DerelictOrg/DerelictGLFW3

and what the major differences are.

I could hack this together myself but if anybody already has put
the pieces together why not reuse?