Installing D on OSX using .dmg

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Mar 17 06:09:06 PDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-03-16 at 23:10 +0000, Joel wrote:
> Thanks Russel!
>
> I've gotten past the security problem!
>
> There's options under Security & Privacy (and what can be
> downloaded):
>
> O-MacApp Store
> O-idetinified developers
> @-Anywhere.
>
> Though this (Anywhere) lowers the security of what to download.

The advice I was given and think is good is to keep this at Identified
developers normally, and only set to Anywhere for special cases.

D should not be a special case, but it is :-(

> I've been Recommended this OS. I can use Windows 7 as native too.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Windows of any sort. Linux is my choice, but
OSX is not bad.

> Mengu, I don't know Homebrew.

MacPorts and Homebrew are competing package management systems for OSX.
Many use MacPorts others use Homebrew. From what I can tell both are
better than not having a package system (as per OSX out of the box) but
both have pros and cons so it is not that one is better than the other
overall.

I get D from MacPorts rather than using the DMG.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk