CMake for D

Chris Piker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri May 9 15:07:34 PDT 2014

On Friday, 9 May 2014 at 21:43:04 UTC, Trent Forkert wrote:

> The way I've tackled that in my (still work-in-progress) CMake
> fork[1] is to add an `include_directories(TEXT ...)` signature.

I like that, it seems clean.

> Unfortunately, you'll need to build my CMake from source,
> though that isn't difficult. Also, while I am hopeful about

The standard CMake build instructions just don't work on the
CentOS 6.5 systems we are currently using at work.  I gave
up after 2 hours. Since CMakeD2 is working for me I'm sticking
with it for now but...

> getting my changes merged upstream, there is no guarantee of
> that, so proceed with caution.

... it would be great to have better D support in CMake, I
really hope your changes do get committed upstream.  I plan
on using D somewhat quitely for about a year and after I've
worked out the gotcha's start talking to my programming friends.
An upstream merge would get used.

> Do note that my CMake work is independent of CMakeD2 and its
> forks. See my project wiki for more info.
>
> [1] https://github.com/trentforkert/cmake

Thanks, I'll check it out.
--
Chris