Programming a Game in D? :D

David via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed May 28 15:34:45 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 28 May 2014 at 21:38:07 UTC, Francesco Cattoglio
wrote:

> I'll be honest, perhaps I risk being misunderstood, but the
> questions you are asking denote a lack of even basic knowledge
> about the subject, so I really think you should do some good
> amount of research before even trying to write something on
> your own.

Well, I really don't have a lot of knowledge but I don't know
where to start.
The Problem is just that there is sooo much stuff in the internet
and it's kinda hard to get some knowledge.

> Have you tried at least some free tools that allow you to
> script stuff and have simple stuff displayed on screen? I'm
> talking about stuff like Construct 2, GameMaker, RPGMaker,
> zGameEditor... even map editors like the ones from Blizzard
> (WarCraft 3 : TFT or StarCraft 2)?

So, i made a very little game with delphi Genesis3D and an Editor
i don't remember about 2 years ago, but i don't know if i really
knew what i was doing there :P