Memory usage of dmd

Xavier Bigand via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 10 08:32:40 PST 2014

I develop a web site with vibe, but because I am using a Virtual Private
Server I get some memory issues. The server only has 1Go of memory (>
900Mo free) and it seems I can't compile directly on it a simple static
page (70 lines).

I get the following message when building with dub :
Running dmd...
FAIL
../../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-master/.dub/build/libevent-release-linux.posix-x86_64-dmd_2066-EB47C82EE359A00A02828E314FCE5409/
vibe-d staticLibrary
Error executing command build: Orphan format specifier: %%s failed with
exit code %s. This may indicate that the process has run out of memory.

So for the moment I build the web site on a physical machine, and I saw
the compilation takes around 1.6Go of memory.

Is there some options can help me to reduce the memory consumption? As
it's for production purpose I don't think that is a good idea to remove
compiler optimizations.

Are gdc or ldc better in this case?