Memory usage of dmd

Etienne via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 10 08:41:22 PST 2014

On 2014-11-10 11:32 AM, Xavier Bigand wrote:

> Is there some options can help me to reduce the memory consumption? As
> it's for production purpose I don't think that is a good idea to remove
> compiler optimizations.

The memory issues are probably related to diet templates.

LDC and GDC won't help. You should definitely work and build on a
machine with 4GB of ram. The server application could use as low as 8mb
of ram, but compiling requires a workstation.

Perhaps renting an amazon instance a few minutes for compilation would
be a better idea?