Basically want to make a macro script

Israel via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 12 15:35:31 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 12 November 2014 at 19:43:49 UTC, Casey wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 November 2014 at 19:29:26 UTC, Israel wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 12 November 2014 at 04:56:40 UTC, Casey wrote:
>>
>> also, you came to the right place. PB is extremely paranoid and
>> even more so about autohokey, so if you program your own native
>> macro, its not very likely it will catch it.
>
> I didn't see your replies at first... Thanks for your interest.
>
> If D isn't the right language, I can go with something else
> like C++ or python.  It's just got to have something that can
> send low level chat messages, or emulate actual keyboard
> presses so that I won't have issues with other games.   (/NOT/
> C# simply because Micro$oft makes it and I try to avoid their
> stuff as much as possible).
>
> I chose D simply because I've heard it's got a lot of potential
> and it's somewhat similar to C++, yet easyish to learn.  I'm up
> for anything, but I figured that if I went with D or C++ I'd be
> jumping right into it, so that would give me the most
> experience.
>  I thought this shouldn't be too hard to make, but I just can't
> find anything that does the job 'm looking for.

Its not that D "isnt" the right language its just that it isnt
"yet".
There are few libraries that allow you to take control over the
mouse and keyboard without too much hassle and reading through
documentation.

I did find this a couple days ago.
http://code.dlang.org/packages/de_window
It might be what you need but im not entirely sure if its input
simulation is across all programs.