Obedient threads

Chris via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 3 02:06:31 PDT 2014

On Friday, 3 October 2014 at 04:39:38 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 20:42:49 +0000
> Chris via Digitalmars-d-learn
> <digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> I'll try that now. Somehow the 1.msecs solution doesn't seem
>> clean enough.
> it seems that you want thread messaging to be integrated in
> your event
> loop. sorry, there is no easy way to do it now. maybe if
> libasync will
> become std.async we will have such feature in phobos
> out-of-the-box.

Exactly. But Ali's solution above might work for my program, if I
can create a listener thread. The main thread will take care of
queuing the audio files and the listener thread checks, if the
user has chosen to interrupt the whole thing. The other way
around of what I had first in mind.