building shared library from D code to import into cython

Ellery Newcomer via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 9 19:19:16 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 8 October 2014 at 00:25:57 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> The -defaultlib was left around from trying all kinds of
> combinations of dmd and gcc.  I am not used to gcc, and it will
> take me some time to become properly acquainted with all the
> options.

I managed to get it to compile with default dmd rpm:

https://github.com/ariovistus/cythonic_d

fedora 20, x86_64

Are you aware of pyd? (https://bitbucket.org/ariovistus/pyd)

It knows how to build shared libraries, so I recommend you play
with it, if only to watch how it does that. Biggest gotcha is
starting up druntime.